Thursday, January 21, 2016

Why Are So Many People Dying of Cancer?


The same reasons that their gestation and birth epochs are so damaging.
Oh kind sir, please explain. And cut out all that pretentious language.

I will try to explain even while recent neuroscience is making headway on the problem. But their headway is too often an explanation of how to treat it and less about what causes it.  If people could see what I have seen over 50 years, I think that might agree with me about causes.  Why are so many dying of cancer?   Why are so many undergoing harmful birth practices? There is a relationship.   And apart from doctors’ birth practices there is also their advice:  “a couple of drinks should  not hurt any baby.”  Oh yes it does; it makes them dizzy and disoriented. They sense these effects during and after a Primal, in the same way they feel suffocated when the mother smokes. These are most harmful events.  And due to their load of pain they are not integrated.  Instead the brain uses some of its supply of methyl and leaves a trace on the gene, called methylation.  Here the pain is stored, remains active and continues to spread onto the system. It raises the cortisol level and adds methyl markers to the experience.  It also increases adrenaline levels so that the system is forced into hyperactivity to deal with the suffering.  The person is often not aware of any of this since it happened early on before language was available.

The earlier in life the imprint, the more devastating it is; it emanates from the deepest level brain, the brainstem. This is the structure of great reactions: where pain becomes agony; sad and a bit hopeless into, suicidal hopelessness, anger into rage; all of archaic responses we might expect from sharks or dinosaurs.  When a hurt is registered high up in the brain it translates it through resonance to lower and exaggerated reactions residing deeper in the brain where later emotional pains are registered. It is a neuronal train of neurons of similar valence and content join up to connect on deeper levels.  Let’s be clear:  one can be disappointed with the loss of a lover in adult life.  It can create anguish and misery; but if there lurks deeper down and very early in life a great loss of a mother, the current misery through the process of resonance descends to another emotional level where deeper pain is organized,  and the emotional consequences may be serious and even suicidal depression.  Any major hurt during gestation where deep brain levels are involved and where parasympathetic nervous system is engaged can produce heavy depression.  When the mother smokes without stop or takes drugs or when she is chronically depressed, can find its way into the developing system of the fetus.  In short, any event which blocks normal responses can produce a general suppression in the baby.  This is especially true during birth where egress is blocked and baby struggles and cannot get out by his own efforts.  His body gives up and defeat becomes imprinted. The result may well be a parasympathetic personality; passive, defeated, unable to be aggressive or fight for himself.  Why all that?  Because we are involved with deep level trauma and deep, often violent,  reactions.   When disease occurs we have the beginnings of later cancer or other catastrophic disease.   Catastrophic events lead often to catastrophic disease.  Brain stem responses often engender brainstem responses; deep-lying reactions and serious bodily disease.  That is, we reaction on the same level as the trauma.  The disease often pinpoints for us the origin of the disease. It says look here for answers; alas, too often we look elsewhere.

We often are not aware of all this as its origins are so deeply embedded but they are there. The current pain higher up, has now resonated with deep—lying traumas, roiling the whole system, detouring natural functions and preparing  us for serious afflictions later in life. The brainstem does not mess around; its reactions are major and life-endangering.  As major as a dinosaur response when danger lurks.  In the human when the mother drinks continuously, the baby cannot escape the system splashes into overdrive, as all reactions are exaggerated.  Yet full deep reactions, escape, is not possible so the suffering begins. Worse, we do not know it, but at the age of forty there lies a tumor, and no  one knows where it comes from or how it got its start.  So we embark on decades-long research to see how we can fight it, when we do not know what “IT” really is.   We fight it and wrestle with it but never get to its historic source, so we remain bereft.   “It” is so far removed, so deep in the brain we cannot imagine what went wrong, but one thing is likely: the trauma reached down and resonated very deep down where catastrophic reactions live in the brain.  It touched off dinosaur reactions and upset so much of us and changed our genetic destiny. We are often on a secret trip to cancer or Alzheimers disease, plunging forth with our load of first-line,  brainstem pain until a doctor during his exam says, “Have you had any trauma recently?   “Why do you ask, doctor?”   “Because I see something suspicious on your liver which we must look into.”   Oh my, I had no idea.

You know why you had no idea? Because ideas lie far above the origins, so of course you have no idea. You body knows and carries its memories forward to finally make you know.   And when you relive all this, then you really know because you are in touch with your body, at last.  And you feel the trauma for what it is because the pain is excruciating.  So Janov’s rule #1.  You are not suppose to know about deeply buried pain because it is so very painful.   And so you body is all conflicted.  Should I tell him or should I keep it secret so he does not suffer?  OK.  I won’t tell him and save his life; wait a minute; if you don’t tell him you may be killing him. Ayayay;  the Faustian bargain.  He goes along blithely unaware but his body is dying.

But he feels it, finally, in our feeling therapy, which opens up the neural gates and lays it all out for him;  it is the real fortune teller.  It spills out everything.  And it literally screams out its pain; there is no mistaking it.  Only a feeling therapy that engages the full brain can use it and react to it.  Finally, we can resolve it.
It can be extirpated from the system and let the body relax and normalize.  One way we know is that in our therapy there is a radical increase in Natural Killer cells after one year of therapy.  Their job, recently suppressed, was to be on the lookout for newly developing cancer cells and destroy them.   We don’t “know” about them but the immune system does and whips into action unbeknownst to us. That system is the  cancer marauder sniffing out danger and attacking.  It does what we would do if we were at all aware and conscious.  Yet we remain unconscious for self protection.  We remain unconscious to keep consciousness from being perturbed.  What a dilemma.  It is not us who made the Faustian bargain; it was our system trying to survive as best it could.  We live on, seemingly healthy, while our life is being cut short. A feeling therapy must be called upon to help out. The sine qua non, is to react to the trauma;  we cannot do that when we do not know it is there.  Full conscious permits that life-saving response. It hurts and I can scream it out. Screaming  itself in absentia, solves little but it is the way we acknowledge the pain.

We now understand that the imprint is aided and abetted by the process of methylation, in which the chemical methyl group is added to the genome to restrict its expression. In other words, the imprint is laid down, in part, by a change in the cell, as certain chemical reactions are taking place — hydrogen removal, methyl infusion, and so on. Methylation leaves an heritable imprint, one that can be passed down even from grandparents to their grandchildren, as research by Kerry Resslar has shown. So what we always thought was genetic may well be the result of very early experiences diverting the genetic legacy (Meaney, Aitken, Bodnoff, Iny, & Sapolsky, 1985; Janov, 2013). In short, the experiences of our forbearers can endure and be passed down the epigenetic chain – the inheritance of acquired characteristics. This is something science thought impossible not long ago.

Epigenetics had affected the function of the stress apparatus, what is called the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA), a complex part of the neuroendocrine system that controls reactions to stress and influences many body processes, including digestion, the immune system, mood and emotions, energy storage and expenditure. A possible implication of these findings is that the changes are more or less permanent; they alter the gene’s activity, leading to later illness and suicidal tendencies. When the NR3C1 gene is less effective, it cannot produce the kind of alerting, galvanizing chemicals that help one fight through things. (Clearly, such trauma also diminishes an individual’s adaptive capacity). As a result, the body behaves as though it were constantly under stress. And there is ample evidence now that chronic stress can lead to serious disease.  Methylation marks enlighten us that disease is hidden below.  That trauma has occurred, and forced the system into hyper-vigilance. It is vigilant for a danger that has already occurred.  Too late.

Make yourself at home.

25 comments:

  1. Thank you Art.

    This page will find it's way into the documents I am writing to leave as a legacy to help deal with the lunacy in our family. You have been a star. I know for sure that without this blog over the last 5 years I could easily have ended up much worse already. Thank you, I think it's helped my son indirectly too.

    Paul G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Primal Revolution now. All is so clear now to me, but sad. Art all of this arounds us, whole systems, beliefs, media and so on and so on. I feel lost inside of this shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piotr, Let's do the best we can. art

      Delete
    2. I suspect trying to do more is only prolonging the struggle anyway. Feelings of being too small to fight back, hopelessness, "why doesn't anyone hear me?" and so on...

      We can only be ourselves, IF we can only be ourselves.

      easy said...

      Erron

      Delete
  3. Art!

    You should know by now what you have known for 50 years is a science that is far from fitting in on those who are your competitors because it is more what all is about. Competition there someone can lose his income of their livelihood! It is what it is all about more than what they actually are doing. For them to discover what you are doing around emotion is light years from feeling what they themself need to do. They are in a battle of livelihood... their own bread... eye for eye and tooth for a tooth without any idea of ​​what emotions is all about.

    We are still in our caves of the question of what our feelings is all about! I meet no one... absolutely no one I can share my experiences with around the people I meet daily.

    We need a breakthrough in what science tells us about otherwise we will be sitting in our caves. They take what weapons makes possible... words to explain another incompetent... weapons there words distort reality of what science tells us about. A weapon can also be counted in dollars for what words is available to manipulate the mind into foolishness. So they have an advantage for what words can do in the sense of not being able to explain need and love.

    Science for what it highlights is our only move on the chessboard of it... it's more what it is similar to... a chessboard... more as they defend quackery... no one knows where it will end. Since... there is no science to speak of around the now current practices... which proves that they have not a clue of what it is they're doing... they do not even know what it is they are defending against... it when comes to primal therapy... more than it can make them unemployed.

    This is what we have in front us to meet... it for what they not understand in the field of psychiatry and psychology. To play our party chess right on a chessboard... that there is a miserable health care is what we have to do in the matter of proving the primal therapy's effects... we need more than what science proves. We need to prove that they are wrong... and that can only be done in front of an open curtain... and it can not be done so easily as we are not doing what we suppose to do!

    To shut down a waterfall... you have to find new ways for what else the water will flood... something we do not even know the effects of. To prevent disastrous consequences for what we're doing so we need to be highlighted to the public that will revolutionize once they understand how wrong patients are treated within the general health care! When we have them with us... the question is quite another.

    So how do we proceed to achieve it? Money is the words of God and there are not many sentences that exceed its power. We need to get right in a process of what money can accomplish!

    I may sound like a child when I try to explain myself in English but that is where it begins and ends in the question of the understanding of primalterpin!

    Your Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Art.

    Since it is mentioned about sympath and parasympath, I would like to ask again about the body signs (temperature, blood pressure), concerning a baby being born in the most normal way possible.
    Does the diagram still have ups and downs or is it a straight line this time?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yannis, Generally they are lower from what the medical profession says is normal. For ex, body temperature in our world is not 98.6 but rather is in the 97s. art

      Delete
    2. I was referring to the birth process.

      At the beginning, high blood pressure and temperature and if the baby is born at that point, we usually have a sympath.
      If not, pressure and temp go really low and the human becomes parasympath.

      So, what if the mother is "primal". She wasn't drinking, smoking, wasn't anxious etc. Do the vital signs of birth have those big slopes?

      Delete
    3. The study was done a long time ago. Frankly I cannot remember but I do know that those who primal regularly have lower blood pressure and temperature and their vital signs remain stable. Years ago we did so many vital sign studies, but alas time has passed. Art

      Delete
  5. My feelings of being treated as though my existence didn't matter - as nothing and unloved can be triggered in the present by someone, even a stranger in class that I project this onto. I then let out extreme rage in my primal room dropping down, down into childhood anger at my parents ending in convulsions, gagging ( i was born blue ) and finally with sputum bubbling and blowing out of my mouth I go inert and stop breathing for 10 seconds or so and repeat the next day or days later going on cyclically for years. I do this alone and know I should have a buddy but I've been self-primaling for years now. I get tremendous relief and I know this is not abreaction since I've had the very best therapy through your clinic and training center for a long time though it's been years. I would like to know if you would create a forum or directions for former patients to contact each other in their locality to establish the old buddy system? It would be invaluable for those of us who have lost touch and moved on in our lives from our old relationships. Just a suggestion...Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will do one thing for sure. Publish five years of training so everyone can gain from it. About mutual contacts, I will check with staff. art

      Delete
    2. Art, that would be fantastic. I've often thought that the training we received regarding theory and practice was also the equivalent of a graduate program in our own therapy completing what we needed to know to use your therapy effectively the rest of our lives.

      Delete
  6. An email comment: "It is good to read about the nature of cancer because I have now witnessed it killing two of my brothers and attack but not yet kill one of my sisters. Of course I also saw it have its way with my mother when I was a teen ager. It is such an amazing thing to have felt as many times as I have and to have seen that these cancer victims I have mentioned were with no access and were embattled with their selves on so many ways.
    I know they were not put together very differently than I. This means I could relate to many of their actions and behaviors in an intimate way.
    I have often framed things in terms of not self or conditioned self, and do not take offense at the term unreal self. Though I do this, I never fall into the trap from believing there can be profound change short of resolving blocks to consciousness, which can only be eliminated by consciousness.
    My experience has been changed as I have the true explanations from primal theory, and more legitimately, first hand proof of the value of those elements that comprise said theory. Thanks man
    "

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another email comment:"Thanks for writing this but it also could be related to radiation exposure ongoing from Fukishima still releasing 300 tons of radio active nuclear contamination into the Pacific Ocean every day for the last 4 or so years. When reactor number 4 blew up it vaporized the entire core, releasing the same amount of Cesium 137 as 800 nuclear bombs into the Atmosphere. You will also notice the many people are having GI problems, the gut is very sensitive to radioactive exposure."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art

    Yesterday I've woke up from nightmare. I know it was THAT, I felt HATE to me from my mother. It was so intense that I had to quit and transform it for fear of bad wolf. Evertyhing was clear for me. Sad that I cannot stay in that because my son slept beside of me. Sad. I now I know why people deny to go there, it is pure HATE and threat to life. I felt I am dying. Now I lost this, I was so close. All my neurotic life is fake. Now I am going to new job, it will disturb me and I don't know when I will got another chance to vomit this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read this, I actually felt frightened. Really too bad. This information , it is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Art, Having the tools to access the healing power of our feelings, has made the recent journey through my Mothers breast cancer surgery so much easier. We were lucky, they caught it in the earliest stages, and she is doing really well. I'm so glad I was able to be with my Mother as she expressed her deepest feelings about her cancer and surgery, prior to the surgery. So much hatred fear, and grief just melted away. As for me I've been able to get to some of my feelings after her surgery to express how , 'I just want it all to stop!' and 'I don't want them to touch you Mummy, I want to be able to hold you, I don't want you to go Mummy' . .....I feel so blessed and fortunate to be able to feel some of my feelings, about my Mother before she goes for radiation, every little bit of feeling has made the world of difference. It's meant that I could hold her hand and be there with her, and take charge to the best of my ability..... If not for Primal Therapy, I would have no idea that any of these feelings existed inside of me. Honestly, I thank God for the gift of feeling, It is miraculous! Mum said she had ignored feelings about her breasts , and realised that they were important ounce the cancer showed up. The moral of the storey is that we need to listen to our feelings, all of them, no matter how small or big, because they really are life saving.

    Thanks a million again Art, you've saved my Mother and I from so much pain, Katherina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherina, you are so welcome. I am glad it helped. art

      Delete
  11. Alan, probably the accumulation of five generations of hospital births, processed foods, and pollution haven't helped our babies' dna health either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thoroughly agree with you Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  13. Art: You ask the question "Why are so many people dying of cancer?" but in light of the massive evidence from all over the world, only partially answer it. I submit that whilst primal pain causes much cancer, MUCH MORE is the result of microwave pollution, the consumption of animal produce, vaccinations, artificially fluoridated water and other factors, and if you care about the well being of people and animals, you are obliged to include these factors.

    Moreover, it is difficult to get people to accept information contradicting accepted practice. You yourself know this. This is the case with those áreas I mention above. The price of turning a deaf ear is, for example:

    "I referenced over 200 cancer / leukaemia clusters in schools (up to the time of data collection) from low level microwave transmitters in schools. There were many different types of cancers, leukaemias, miscarriages and breast cancers of staff. These continue, mostly only recorded locally, to this day.

    When this was discussed in the English Parliament (as one of the EU Countries involved), a Minister dismissed it and lied to the House of Commons. My request to prove this lie was denied.

    Possibly, the most respected children’s charity in the World: UNICEF, joined forces with the World’s leading authority on the effects of harm from low-level microwave irradiation:

    The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection: in their research document ‘Health Effect on Children and Teenagers’ found;

    85% increase in Central Nervous System Disorders

    36% increase in epilepsy

    11% increase in mental retardation

    82% increase in blood immune disorders and Risk to Foetus. (13)"

    This is just a very small extract from "Humanity at the brink" by former UK Government Defence expert Barrie Trower, and which references include oficial reports by the WHO and the US Intelligence Defence Agency. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you write an article about meditation Art, do you believe still it reinforces neurosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already written a blog on it; It is a pure head trip. art

      Delete
  15. Please publish my question, as you didn't publish my previous comments, and I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R, I didn't get them. Can you send them again? art

      Delete

Review of "Beyond Belief"

This thought-provoking and important book shows how people are drawn toward dangerous beliefs.
“Belief can manifest itself in world-changing ways—and did, in some of history’s ugliest moments, from the rise of Adolf Hitler to the Jonestown mass suicide in 1979. Arthur Janov, a renowned psychologist who penned The Primal Scream, fearlessly tackles the subject of why and how strong believers willingly embrace even the most deranged leaders.
Beyond Belief begins with a lucid explanation of belief systems that, writes Janov, “are maps, something to help us navigate through life more effectively.” While belief systems are not presented as inherently bad, the author concentrates not just on why people adopt belief systems, but why “alienated individuals” in particular seek out “belief systems on the fringes.” The result is a book that is both illuminating and sobering. It explores, for example, how a strongly-held belief can lead radical Islamist jihadists to murder others in suicide acts. Janov writes, “I believe if people had more love in this life, they would not be so anxious to end it in favor of some imaginary existence.”
One of the most compelling aspects of Beyond Belief is the author’s liberal use of case studies, most of which are related in the first person by individuals whose lives were dramatically affected by their involvement in cults. These stories offer an exceptional perspective on the manner in which belief systems can take hold and shape one’s experiences. Joan’s tale, for instance, both engaging and disturbing, describes what it was like to join the Hare Krishnas. Even though she left the sect, observing that participants “are stunted in spiritual awareness,” Joan considers returning someday because “there’s a certain protection there.”
Janov’s great insight into cultish leaders is particularly interesting; he believes such people have had childhoods in which they were “rejected and unloved,” because “only unloved people want to become the wise man or woman (although it is usually male) imparting words of wisdom to others.” This is just one reason why Beyond Belief is such a thought-provoking, important book.”
Barry Silverstein, Freelance Writer

Quotes for "Life Before Birth"

“Life Before Birth is a thrilling journey of discovery, a real joy to read. Janov writes like no one else on the human mind—engaging, brilliant, passionate, and honest.
He is the best writer today on what makes us human—he shows us how the mind works, how it goes wrong, and how to put it right . . . He presents a brand-new approach to dealing with depression, emotional pain, anxiety, and addiction.”
Paul Thompson, PhD, Professor of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine

Art Janov, one of the pioneers of fetal and early infant experiences and future mental health issues, offers a robust vision of how the earliest traumas of life can percolate through the brains, minds and lives of individuals. He focuses on both the shifting tides of brain emotional systems and the life-long consequences that can result, as well as the novel interventions, and clinical understanding, that need to be implemented in order to bring about the brain-mind changes that can restore affective equanimity. The transitions from feelings of persistent affective turmoil to psychological wholeness, requires both an understanding of the brain changes and a therapist that can work with the affective mind at primary-process levels. Life Before Birth, is a manifesto that provides a robust argument for increasing attention to the neuro-mental lives of fetuses and infants, and the widespread ramifications on mental health if we do not. Without an accurate developmental history of troubled minds, coordinated with a recognition of the primal emotional powers of the lowest ancestral regions of the human brain, therapists will be lost in their attempt to restore psychological balance.
Jaak Panksepp, Ph.D.
Bailey Endowed Chair of Animal Well Being Science
Washington State University

Dr. Janov’s essential insight—that our earliest experiences strongly influence later well being—is no longer in doubt. Thanks to advances in neuroscience, immunology, and epigenetics, we can now see some of the mechanisms of action at the heart of these developmental processes. His long-held belief that the brain, human development, and psychological well being need to studied in the context of evolution—from the brainstem up—now lies at the heart of the integration of neuroscience and psychotherapy.
Grounded in these two principles, Dr. Janov continues to explore the lifelong impact of prenatal, birth, and early experiences on our brains and minds. Simultaneously “old school” and revolutionary, he synthesizes traditional psychodynamic theories with cutting-edge science while consistently highlighting the limitations of a strict, “top-down” talking cure. Whether or not you agree with his philosophical assumptions, therapeutic practices, or theoretical conclusions, I promise you an interesting and thought-provoking journey.
Lou Cozolino, PsyD, Professor of Psychology, Pepperdine University


In Life Before Birth Dr. Arthur Janov illuminates the sources of much that happens during life after birth. Lucidly, the pioneer of primal therapy provides the scientific rationale for treatments that take us through our original, non-verbal memories—to essential depths of experience that the superficial cognitive-behavioral modalities currently in fashion cannot possibly touch, let alone transform.
Gabor Maté MD, author of In The Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters With Addiction

An expansive analysis! This book attempts to explain the impact of critical developmental windows in the past, implores us to improve the lives of pregnant women in the present, and has implications for understanding our children, ourselves, and our collective future. I’m not sure whether primal therapy works or not, but it certainly deserves systematic testing in well-designed, assessor-blinded, randomized controlled clinical trials.
K.J.S. Anand, MBBS, D. Phil, FAACP, FCCM, FRCPCH, Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Anatomy & Neurobiology, Senior Scholar, Center for Excellence in Faith and Health, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare System


A baby's brain grows more while in the womb than at any time in a child's life. Life Before Birth: The Hidden Script That Rules Our Lives is a valuable guide to creating healthier babies and offers insight into healing our early primal wounds. Dr. Janov integrates the most recent scientific research about prenatal development with the psychobiological reality that these early experiences do cast a long shadow over our entire lifespan. With a wealth of experience and a history of successful psychotherapeutic treatment, Dr. Janov is well positioned to speak with clarity and precision on a topic that remains critically important.
Paula Thomson, PsyD, Associate Professor, California State University, Northridge & Professor Emeritus, York University

"I am enthralled.
Dr. Janov has crafted a compelling and prophetic opus that could rightly dictate
PhD thesis topics for decades to come. Devoid of any "New Age" pseudoscience,
this work never strays from scientific orthodoxy and yet is perfectly accessible and
downright fascinating to any lay person interested in the mysteries of the human psyche."
Dr. Bernard Park, MD, MPH

His new book “Life Before Birth: The Hidden Script that Rules Our Lives” shows that primal therapy, the lower-brain therapeutic method popularized in the 1970’s international bestseller “Primal Scream” and his early work with John Lennon, may help alleviate depression and anxiety disorders, normalize blood pressure and serotonin levels, and improve the functioning of the immune system.
One of the book’s most intriguing theories is that fetal imprinting, an evolutionary strategy to prepare children to cope with life, establishes a permanent set-point in a child's physiology. Baby's born to mothers highly anxious during pregnancy, whether from war, natural disasters, failed marriages, or other stressful life conditions, may thus be prone to mental illness and brain dysfunction later in life. Early traumatic events such as low oxygen at birth, painkillers and antidepressants administered to the mother during pregnancy, poor maternal nutrition, and a lack of parental affection in the first years of life may compound the effect.
In making the case for a brand-new, unified field theory of psychotherapy, Dr. Janov weaves together the evolutionary theories of Jean Baptiste Larmarck, the fetal development studies of Vivette Glover and K.J.S. Anand, and fascinating new research by the psychiatrist Elissa Epel suggesting that telomeres—a region of repetitive DNA critical in predicting life expectancy—may be significantly altered during pregnancy.
After explaining how hormonal and neurologic processes in the womb provide a blueprint for later mental illness and disease, Dr. Janov charts a revolutionary new course for psychotherapy. He provides a sharp critique of cognitive behavioral therapy, psychoanalysis, and other popular “talk therapy” models for treating addiction and mental illness, which he argues do not reach the limbic system and brainstem, where the effects of early trauma are registered in the nervous system.
“Life Before Birth: The Hidden Script that Rules Our Lives” is scheduled to be published by NTI Upstream in October 2011, and has tremendous implications for the future of modern psychology, pediatrics, pregnancy, and women’s health.
Editor